Sunday, September 29, 2013

At Long Last - Getting Out

Last week was interesting, because it seemed like by the end we were nearly-normal. Lissy took less and less pain killers each day, and became better at moving around. She really is so thrilled to be doing things again. I got out the winter jammies the other day, and in the box were a few summer toddler jammies. Noah put some Batman ones on Lissy and some very small truck ones on himself, Andrew threw on the gorilla jammies, and they all went out and played in the mud. They were all cute and happy, but Lissy was giddy to be outside again.

Holly was waaaay awesome to come to our house on Tuesday and watch our kids while Gary and I went to the temple. We did sealings (actually did all of the cards Mom gave us), and when it was our turn to be the couple, I couldn't stop crying with gratitude for the ordinance. I kept thinking that even if we had lost Lissy, we wouldn't have really lost her. Being in the temple made it so real. After the temple, we headed over to Blue Lemon and had a fantastic meal. Hooray, Holly! It was fun talking to her the next morning, but Gary didn't even get to see her.

Kami came up on Wednesday to help out, and it was so fun to see her. I got to go running and grab some groceries, which are things which haven't happened lately. Also, I laughed a lot, so great day. On Thursday Andrew had a field trip to the fire station for preschool, so we all went. Our first outing! Lissy was way clingy, and I held her the whole time, but it was great to be out, and the kiddos loved seeing the fireman stuff. I got a chance to talk to the guy in our ward that was a first responder EMT for Lissy's accident. Poor guy seemed like it was a pretty hard thing to see that day. He also told me that the reason they took so long to get to us that day was because they'd been at a car accident in Lake Point. I knew it was a while!

On Friday I woke up very, very early because I was so sick. Couldn't swallow. Ever since then I've had a sinus infection, and yesterday I broke down and picked up my Z-pack. Thought I might when I was teaching Sunday School and I had to slip out to blow my nose while people looked up scriptures.

Regardless of sick, we went to the BYU football game on Friday night. The boys were SO excited. We left Lissy at Kami's house to sleep (game was late and cold), and went with the super-fans. Great game, and cold air was good for what ails me. We all had tons of fun and popcorn.

K, can't depend on Z-pacs alone, some sleep would probably be helpful as well.


Fireman Andrew





With friends before they move!

Another friend about to leave . . .

It was adorable - they immediately came home and started working on their fireman coloring books.

She can play!


Super-fans intently watching . . .

Goooo Cougars!

No comments: