My dad and Kayla came to visit one weekend when Lissy still couldn't walk. I can't find an update I wrote about that. However, it was awesome. They played blocks with Lissy, and took turns being the timer for the boys' Ultimate Ninja Warrior obstacle course. They spent time in Idaho after that, but then got to our house on Sunday night in time to eat ice cream treats and play Ticket to Ride. So fun, and the kids were crazy about the chance to see them.
Also, a few weeks after the accident, and around the time of these pictures (which were about 3 weeks after the accident, I think), I took Lissy to the orthopedist. We'd originally been told Lissy couldn't even sit up for 6 weeks, but when we left the hospital I was told she could sit but not crawl or walk for 6 weeks . . . then at the orthopedist, she said, "These fractures look really stable, she'll self-limit, so if she wants to crawl or walk, let her. Probably will happen in 2-3 weeks." I was BLOWN AWAY. Seriously, so much better than what I'd been told in the hospital, it was unreal. Then . . . she was crawling a few days later, and walking a few days after that. It was stiff and tentative at first, but she was absolutely determined. The girl is crazy. Or the miracle is crazy. It's all just literally un-believable.
 |
| We got something in a bubble mailer, and Andrew thought this was the best way to pop it. |
 |
| Ultimate Ninja Warrior obstacle course - if you fall, of course you fall right into the pool. |
 |
| The timer-man |
 |
| Where the course starts . . . |
 |
| Racing to beat the clock! |
 |
| Kayla was great to play with - toddlers that can't get around need lots of entertainment! |
 |
| Blocks with grandpa was a favorite. |
 |
| Kayla took her turn as the timer-woman. |
 |
| Mega-blocks were a big favorite when Lissy was immobile. |
 |
| Lissy first learned to crawl after the accident . . . and immediately started acting like a puppy. |
 |
| Since they were puppies, fetch was a popular game . . . |
 |
| . . . and she can stand! What van? |
 |
| I'm not sure at this point what was going on here - but it's adorable,so it stays. |
1 comment:
It makes my heart happy that she had done done amazing! Miracles do happen.
Post a Comment