I was on the radio today! I was listening to the Doug Wright Show while getting ready for the day, and the subject was substitute teachers. (There was a bad problem with one around here recently, thus the discussion.) I had an opinion about the topic, but was too scared to call. Then Doug said it was too bad the teachers were all teaching and unavailable for comment, so if there were any teachers listening, please call in. I thought, "Hey, that's me, better call . . ." And before I knew what I was doing, I was chattin' it up on the air.
If you want to listen, go to Doug Wright Show for November 11, 2008, 3rd hour. (Yes, I was getting ready for the day during the 3rd hour of the show.) When you get the file up, scroll to 41:32, and there I am. CLICK HERE TO FIND IT.
I actually only said a little of what I planned to say, since I was mostly answering his questions. If you feel the need to be enlightened more on the topic let me know, and I can expand this post. It was actually not scary like I thought, so I might dare call in on a topic that's not so easy to talk about next time. Well on my way to changing the world now . . . :)
11 comments:
That is so awesome. I have tried to listen to it, but for some reason can't get it to work. I can totally see you doing something like that though, you are so awesome. I admire you and all your many abilities!!
The link worked OK for me. Good job, Emily!
Also, feel free to enlighten us further. I would definitely like to hear what else you have to say on the matter.
Nice job, Emily from Stansbury Park. You made a good contribution to the show.
Hooray for Emily from Stansbury Park! I totally agree. How often did we go to school sick? CONSTANTLY! I felt a tinge of glee when I heard your voice on 1160.
wahoo!!! my sister is famous and sounds great on the radio!
I couldn't get the link to work either. It must be a problem here in Stansbury Park... I am sure it was great. I learned a ton from you at Enrichment the other night, so I am sure you have a lot of worth while stuff to share. Please feel free to enlighten us.
Of course she sounded intelligent. She's my kid.
Maybe you should start your own show. You could be the next Dr. Laura or Rush Limbaugh.
Dr. Emily Limbaugh. Yeah.
word verification: ferid
Yeah, I am totally impressed you have a voice that sounds good on the air. That is the true test of stardom. Now that you know you have good voice, you can do anything.
word: darders (this was a good one! I can actually pronounce it!)
I'm pretty sure every year I've just done it myself and he just rolls his eyes at me, but this year I need his help getting all of it out and downstairs... manuevering a heavy fake tree through 5 doorways and down a set of stairs... I need help. :) Keep working on it, he'll cave eventually. :)
I get home from V.T.with you and I run to look at your blog!! You are just as hilarious on the computer as in person!! I love it. I'm so excited to be your companion. And I have to agree with kim, you inspire me. I'm excited to get to know you better.
Post a Comment