Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Dinos, Monkeys, and Spiders, Oh, My!
Due to the waffle throw-down (I'll explain next), we spent Halloween at my parents' house and trick-or-treated with cousins. Here's Noah in his monkey get-up, which I think he looks very cute in, even if I had to cut the bottom of it apart due to the fact that my 5-month-old does not fit into a costume marked 0-9 months.
Have to throw in a picture of cousin Sophie, the cutest little spider in Idaho.
Here are my boys. Josh was very excited to be dressed up in his dinosaur costume (he roared on demand all night long), very excited to be with his cousins, and very excited to be getting tons of candy. So why don't I have any pictures of him smiling on Halloween night? Because the elastic in his costume-head was scrunching his face, and he couldn't smile for long enough to capture it. He wanted to wear it, though, so just trust me, this is the picture of a very excited boy.
My little dino with his cousin Anakin (Tate). Cousin Ninja (Braden) was also trick-or-treating with us, but he was too excited to get going to waste any time posing for a picture.
Josh and Tate held hands for most of the night. I was trying to hold hands with Josh to protect him, but he felt cooler holding hands with Tate.
At the first house Gary and I realized what Josh had brought with him. Probably a good idea, what with the dangers of trick-or-treating these days . . .
After one street my little monkey fell completely asleep, so he spent the rest of the time watching TV with grandpa. I didn't get to show him off anymore, but he seemed okay with it.
Adorable kids out on a beautiful fall night getting tons of treats - gotta love it. After a while the kids got tired of it, and at first I didn't believe it because there were still so many possible houses to visit. My sister Cindy and I were thinking like 10 year olds again - "If we only got this one more street with the houses close together, the candy haul would be huge!" But, they were tired, and probably knew that since grandpa's house was their last stop, the candy total would not suffer. (My dad's pieces-of-candy to trick-or-treaters ratio was roughly 100 to 1). So, after a 17-year hiatus from trick-or-treating, I find it to still be quite the great idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Sophie is completely making a Braden/Tate face in that spider picture. I've never realized how much she looks like them. Darling kids all around--glad you had fun and got a good Halloween haul.
Sarah beat me to it. I was just about to post that Sophie looks just like Braden when you can't see her hair.
Very Very cute constumes, I just love seeing little kids in their costumes....looks like you had a great weekend. Funny, I don't think I have ever made waffles, pancakes or even cake from scratch. Now that is pretty sad!!
oh wow! that just made me laugh really hard and i am pretty sure my nephlings are the cutest in all the land. (and dad does give out great candy; i think i always survived off of our leftover candy)
I'm TOTALLY looking forward to having an excuse to revisit the land of trick-or-treating. I hate all this "have to buy candy for myself" garbage...
Post a Comment