Okay, not really, but it's funny to think of him as being stereotypical SoCal. When I make millions for my invention we'll be able to live there and surf all the time. And allow us to take surfing lessons so we can do so. Anyway Liz, I didn't forget, here's my hubby tag.Where we met: At linger longer. (It's a socializing event for single people in my church.) Gary had just moved into the ward, and we ate Otter Pops and exchanged pleasantries. I thought he was really good looking, and he remembers me as not being dressed up. I was. Oh, well.
We went on our first date: To the IMAX theater at Thanksgiving Point. We watched, "Volcanoes of the Great Deep," which taught us all about hypothermophiles. I thought it was fine, but he thought it wasn't going well so he bought me some food to go and dropped me off at my apartment to eat it alone.
How long we dated before we got married? Depends on how you define it. 1 year from first date to marriage, but probably only 6 months of dating seriously before we were married.
How long have we been married: 3 1/2 years
What is my favorite physical feature about him: Eyes
What's my favorite quality about him: He is genuinely good - so hard to stop there because there are so many, but it says favorite . . .
What's his nickname for me: Em (Woo, don't you feel like you're in on a secret now?)
What's his nickname for me: Em (Woo, don't you feel like you're in on a secret now?)
His favorite color: Blue? He doesn't whine about what color his toothbrush is or fight over crayons, so it's tough to know exactly.
His favorite sport: baseball (he's said it's his favorite before, but he likes a ton of them, so feel free to contradict me, Gary)
Who said the L word first: He did during a "big talk" of ours. I felt all giddy inside for days.
First kiss, where and when: Right outside my apartment door after our big DTR where he was trying to tell me I should give another guy (we'll call him Julio) a try if I had any feelings for him. I said, "I don't want to date Julio. I want to date you." That was enough for a kiss.
Favorite couple thing to do: Talk. We love to do whatever fun or silly thing, but when it comes down to it we just want an excuse to be with each other and talk.
His hidden talent: Playing air guitar. He can play the real guitar, too, but lately Josh has convinced him to reveal his especially good air-guitar version. (I guess the difference is that the air guitar is air-electric, where he actually plays the acoustic guitar.)
His favorite music: Oh, gosh, he likes a huge variety. Favorite . . .James Taylor?
What I admire most about him: He is able to give people the benefit of the doubt and see the good in them in a way that is hard for me to grasp, especially when my emotions get involved.
His favorite past times: Being with his family, playing/watching sports, listening to music, singing, traveling.
Will he read this: Normally, yes, but right now he is so busy he barely sleeps . . . I'll tell him to, though.
Look at how happy he is to take out the trash. See why I love him, ladies

I tag Ashley, cause I don't know anything about your husband and you haven't posted in ages and I'm dying to hear from you.
11 comments:
I remember walking through Italy, thinking about how you two must marry. Glad it worked out. I LOVE the pictures of Gary you picked for this! haha. Too great.
I love that he dropped you off with food at your apt on your first date. He's a great guy. I'm so glad you're happy.
I am on a bus commuting and that is the only reason I am not laughing out loud thinking about your first date with Gary. Soooo glad I got to be your roommate that year. I remember you coming home and saying "we saw a volcano movie and then we got food and he dropped me off here with it" (or something similar). It was so incredibly funny.
Oh Gary.
And I agree, he is a genuinely good person.
Oh, Gary. He's definitely a gem. I'm glad things ended up going swimmingly between you guys, even if he did ask me out first. :)
What was that boy thinking? I'm surprised you went out with him him again..haha. He really is such a good guy and you two are so good together...I think it is so funny when you tell me you guys couldn't sleep, because you just wanted to stay up and talk to him. I'm always telling Steve to be quiet, when he is home, because it is my only time to sleep and I know Maile will be up for a feeding soon =)
Does Julio's real last name kind of rhyme with Julio and does he have any pet birds?
Oh, my goodness, DP. I am highly amused at the idea of Gary feeling threatened by that person.
So, your hubby spends most of the time crammed in the back of vans (is that where he sleeps?) and digging in the trash, does he? Very interesting! ;)
Naw, I love to hear couples' "stories"
That was very interesting. I don't know Gary at all so it was nice to learn a thing or two about your hubby. I love the first date story. How did you get the second date?
This was fun to read! YOu do have a great guy!! It has been awhile since I have been on your blog so I also read on!! I love the one where JOsh is feeding baby brother so cute! THey are growing fast!! They look so cute! You are a great mom!! Take care and have a great weekend!!
That was fun to read, especially since I've never met Gary. It's fun to get caught up.
Post a Comment