Monday, February 9, 2009

Stepping into Noah's Moccasins

Mom has to capture the adorableness of baby pancake-scarfing . . . But then someone else has to have his picture taken, too.

After a nice pancake meal Noah starts playing with the new toy he got for Christmas. He then watches in disbelief as Josh commandeers it and turns it into a drum. (Josh's favorite song "Dirty Little Secret" is on, after all.)
Here's 2-seconds of that action.

Oh, well. Noah will just crawl around until he finds something else to play with.
Then suddenly something comes flying through the air and lands right in front of him. Seems someone was a little too violent while drumming . . . (Not that you were worried about my toilet brush, but the Welder Glue did fix it. Good thing because it did not fix my van's side mirror, but that's another story with the moral: I am an idiot.)
Another day, another chance to start fresh with breakfast. Josh offers to serve his little brother.
Noah has an unfortunate diaper explosion (fie unto you , Parent's Choice!), which lands both children a bath opportunity. Josh puts an 8 on Noah's head and finds it very funny. Funnier thing is, it sticks on there, and Noah is 8 months old. We talk about how old Josh is, and he puts a 2 on his own head, which also sticks. They spend most of the bath numbered.
Lunch time - I think a picture speaks a thousand words here.

Are you starting to get the feeling for how Noah's life goes? Great, now get his moccasin off before you stretch it out.

P.S. I have to reassure you that the toilet brush was brand new. And also that Noah adores Josh - he finds him to be highly entertaining, as do I.

11 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

Nothin'like a helper!

Rachel said...

Josh is the most entertaining kid I've ever met. I am coming to Utah for a day and hanging out with Gillian and her husband--maybe you should bring Josh by b/c Pat said last time Josh was the highlight of the party!

sarahflib said...

Don't worry, my foot was getting sore in his moccasin anyhow. But your kids are adorable. I like the idea of numbering each other.

Krista said...

noah's eyes in that middle picture just make me want to scoop him up and squish him. SO cute!

Becky said...

Bathtime pictures are my favorites! And glad to hear the toilet brush was new!

Melissa said...

you are the best mommie! And your boys are so adorable. I love reading your blog with all your funny little adjectives!! Mocassins, you kill me!! isn't it the sweetest thing to see how the little ones look up to their siblings?!

Nate and Brooke said...

Both of your little boys are so cute!! What a great helper you have!!

Stacey said...

It is quite amazing how entertaining those bath letters can be! Noah is going to be a pretty tough kid...

juliewesterberg said...

I remember when Marybeth was first born, Christina would "gently" take her by the wrist and say, "I love you Marybeth." As I looked at her, her smile turned into a grimace and her teeth were tightly clenched and the "gentle" grip around the wrist became tighter and tighter. I'm sure Marybeth has deep pyschological scares from Christina's early mothering, but all in all the sister get along remarkably well. I love seeing your darling boys!

Coordination Queen said...

I was getting a little worried about the toilet brush drumstick... thanks for the disclaimer. :)

Syphus Circus said...

I am still laughing! Emily I am so grateful for the boyhood moments you share, I love them! Do you think a toilet brush is cleaner or dirtier than finding a child brushing his teeth with toilet water?