Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Finally Get Back To The Gym And . . .

- During the first class I attended, I realized I smelled very strongly of bacon. Yes, I am dedicated to health!

- During the second class I attended (this morning), the instructor told me I should suck in my belly so my belly button is going in toward my spine . . . I have a feeling my belly button and spine won't be seeing much of each other for a while.

- I did not die!

Oh, why has it been so long? Because the gym won't accept babies under 1, which I did not know when I signed up while pregnant with Noah. The fact I told the owner when signing up that the daycare was my sole reason for choosing his gym, and he knew I was pregnant, does not phase him. I must pay, pay, pay, so now that Noah is 1, I must also work out.

9 comments:

DP said...

When the next baby comes and it's time to head back to the gym, you could just put him in a jogging stroller on the treadmill with you!

Krista said...

Way to go!

me thinks i ought to go to the gym now too. after which i'm going to eat some bacon.

... or maybe before.

Bry and Meliss said...

Congrats on the pregnancy, by the way!! Holy cow I'm so excited for you!! I can't imagine being on number three...you're wonder woman!! :)

Coordination Queen said...

I'm super impressed you are pregnant and going to the gym. I did that once. Never again.

Anna said...

I like Dave's suggestion....

also, i don't know if my belly button and spine have ever met. Sad.

This Idaho Girl said...

Jogging stroller on the treadmill. Ha, ha, ha. I'd love to see that. Congratulations on gaining the motivation to exercise while pregnant. I took a hiatus while carrying the twins. I'm paying for it now.

This Idaho Girl said...

Also, in the days before AC moved, I used to smell french fries while kickboxing at Groll's. It was torturous.

Michelle said...

no babies before 1?? That's like eliminating 86% of women who want to go to the gym in Utah. How bout you put your awesome writing skills to use and beg the gym to change their policy on babies before 1? I'll join you in your efforts.

that policy stinks.

Well, goodonya for going now. i don't think my belly button and spine have EVER been aquainted. I just took my first yoga class yesterday at the gym yesterday, oddly enough.

EmJay said...

I loved the bit about smelling like bacon. I happen to love the smell of bacon. No babies under 1??? Crazy people. Of course they probably think you'll be too busy to even care that first year. I think the owner was very very shady to pull that one on you. Can't wait to see that rockin' body!