Thursday, January 7, 2010

Self-Bribery

It is about the time when one finds one's self wearing nothing but a bathrobe, holding an armful of dirty potatoes in one arm and trying to turn on Sesame Street with the other, screaming toddler clinging on one leg, baby screaming to be fed, goopy eyes and noses on all three kids, haven't been out of the house in a week (for real, no exaggeration), changed two entire sets of clothing due to blow-outs that day, trying to get over a sinus infection . . . that is the time when one promises one's self brownies. One's husband might not have gotten home until late, but a promise is a promise. Mmmmm . . . .

(And that was yesterday. Still haven't been out of the house. Kids are still sick. Gary's not home tonight, either. First time to touch the computer in a long time, and now only because I have to for church. But it's all good . . . I've actually been blessed to get through this and have some good moments, which I am publicly pledging to share because I want to remember them, but not now because I think Josh is getting an ear infection. Wait, that sounds like Noah. Maybe him, too.)

10 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

How were the brownies? Bet they were worth every trial. And you did too go out of the house. You sat in the car in the garage with the boys and that is technically out of the house.

Liz said...

I'm sorry you have all been feeling so crappy. I've called to see if you needed anything... such as brownies... Hope you guys are on the mend real soon.

Anna said...

Ahh goodness three boys does sound chaotic. Hope the brownies were good :)

sarahflib said...

I like the image of the dirty potatoes for some reason. And I've been thinking about those mint brownies you made for the Christmas party. Yum.

P.S. Hope you and the boys feel better soon.

juliewesterberg said...

Chocolate can cure a world of ills.

Paul and Katie said...

Sounds like a blast! I think you need to blog about your "outing" that you did have this week. My first thought was "huh?" but then I realized how genius it was. So clever.

Hannah said...

ummm i love you. i can come bring you brownies if you want. give hanners a call!

Renae said...

hugs!

Ash said...

I know how that goes, oh you poor dear. I wish you many quiet moments with warm gooet brownies, and nice cold milk. ((hugs))

Stacey said...

I feel SOOO guilty! I'm sorry we poisoned you all with our sick germs over Christmas...