Sunday, August 28, 2011

Before the Wedding, There Was the Parade

I like the idea of there being a parade for my sister's wedding. Except she did not attend, so either she shafted us all, or the parade was actually for Rodeo Days. We spent a long weekend in Idaho for the many festivities, and kicked the whole thing off by going to this parade Josh had been anticipating all year. Why, you ask? The tractors? The cloggers? Perhaps, but most likely because they give out more treats than any parade I have ever been to. Not just candy. Otter pops, water, chocolate milk . . . yeah.

Waiting with anticipation . . .

We started out the treat fest with ice cream sandwich hours d vours. Andrew enjoyed his.

Josh and Tate were loving life. My sister Cindy taught them that if instead of holding out their candy bags, they should smile and wave at each float. It worked beautifully.

Add chocolate milk to the equation and all is well . . .
 The best part of the weekend is that we got to spend time with everyone. Gary delighted everyone with the various foods I volunteered him to make (it was simple stuff we make often, but it's always nice to delight), and the kids played really well with their cousins. They always love it, but this time there was no bloodshed. Awesome.
Andrew loves new cousin Violet. Prying her away from him was quite the task.

Attempted an artistic shot. Only Josh looked, but I still like the view.

Lilly, Madeline, Josh, Andrew and Noah.

These babies really have the moves! If you look at the TV you will see the song was "I'm Too Sexy." They both chose props for this number. Well chosen, children. They were hilarious. This weekend was really fun for the 3 toddlers that are close in age, they really got to love eachother. Andrew could plow Lily over, but they became good friends, so now she has a protector. Also, Andrew now says "Beckett." An honor from a boy who says little.

5 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

These guys really did have a grand time.

Krista said...

Your kids are so lucky to have so many cousins!

And a parade for a wedding? Oh I'm totally stealing this idea! :) haha Mark my words.

Love you em!

This Idaho Girl said...

I want to come hang out at your mom's house. It's always been a party. As for the parade, I think you forgot to mention the folks dressed as Star Wars characters.

Hannah said...

I miss my babies!!!!!

Hannah said...

Oh, and Kayla's face in the first photo is awesome. I'm sure she'll love you for it. :)