What is the most awesome thing we could possibly do this summer? Swim lessons! I thought they would like it, but I didn't know they would LOVE it. Good thing, because we went every day for two weeks. Lessons weren't until 11:00, but they would want to put on their swim suits the second they woke up. It was kind of nice, I got some good work out of them when hanging the lessons over their heads . . .
Josh did his first actual Red Cross certification level, level 1. He learned quite a bit, and was very concerned about passing. On the last day when he got his certificate, he wanted to tape it on the front door for dad to see when he came home. We settled on sticking it in the front door from the inside (along with Noah and Andrew's papers, of course). Josh said, "When dad comes home, the paper will fall to him, and he will say, 'What a heck! Josh passed!' " Thanks to a wee bit of coaching from me, that is exactly what happened, much to his delight.
Noah did his first preschool swimming class. I worried that he would be a little chicken, but he thought it was awesome. His favorite part was when they got to get in life jackets and get in the big pool, because then he was big like Josh. I found it amusing that he had his teachers take him to the bathroom so often. How many kids really take the admonition to not pee in the pool to heart? Noah, for sure. He loved the games, especially playing Red Light/Green Light, and he is quick to tell you there is a yellow light, too.
I did mom/tot swimming with Andrew. I loved having a chance to spend some one on one time with my youngest boy, seems like something he doesn't get a lot of. He was a little scared of the water, but once we started singing Wheels on the Bus and Five Little Monkeys, he was all smiles. He actually showed a lot of progress in the two weeks, from totally scared to pretty comfortable. I was loving hugging him while weightless, and soaking in the giggles.
 |
| So excited for the day's lesson . . . |
 |
| Noah with his class. He felt VERY awesome when he got to put on a life jacket and get in the big pool. |
 |
| Josh with his class. Friend Ben is in the back, and the lifejackets are only for the diving board. |
 |
| The bathing beauty . . .why do I think Andrew's desire to lounge like this is so funny? |
 |
| Andrew, my love, posting this picture is painful, but I want you to know we did mommy and me swimming together and had a blast. This is proof. |
 |
| Noah jumped off the diving board without being lowered - a huge feat for his class. |
 |
| Joshua doing his IG-88 spin. That's a Star Wars droid we learned about in a book. Also what he chose to name this move. Also he typed his own name in this caption and had to add the "ua" to make his glorious moment last longer. |
 |
| More of the jump-pro (Josh). |
We actually took lessons with some of our good friends, which was the icing on the cake. We stayed after lessons one day to swim, and Josh and his friend Ben jumped off the diving board over and over for the entire two hours . . . I really wonder how long they would have gone if we hadn't gone home. They couldn't get enough of the jumping.
So, there you go, what took over our lives the end of July. Not a bad thing.
5 comments:
"What a heck!" That is the cutest thing. Ever. Your boys are so darling, and you are the cutest Mom. Ever.
Love your boys. Love you.
My girls loved swimming lessons too. Recently, Amelia has been wearing her swimming suit and cowboys (only). You have to pick your battles, right?
I'm glad to know I'm not the only mom who has to read star wars books...
Such cute little boys!
so fun!!! I miss your little family. Can't believe your family is actually growing so large with baby girl soon! ack! Must see you all. XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment