Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wedding Snippets (a.k.a. Another Event Where the Christmas Sweatsuit Would Have Impressed Kristen)


Remember when I was babysitting when I was 11, and I came home to find out that my mom had a baby? Cindy and I were so excited we did Toyota jumps down the stairs. So, I did what any girl would do, I put on my black Christmas sweatsuit (jingle bells attached), so I would look really nice the first time I met her. (If I ever get ahold of that picture, I will need to post it here. I look GOOD.) Then when she was two or three she liked to climb and play, on people even, so I called her my monkey. So I gave her a stuffed monkey for Christmas and she loved it to pieces until it was literally in pieces years later, and she was officially my monkey. But really officially her name is Kristen, and really offiically she got MARRIED.

I know for sure this is true, because I was there in the Logan temple in the very room, and shed some tears because it was so awesome and she was so happy. And also Shane was so happy too. He's the boy involved in this. Kristen's friends asked me afterward how it was. I said it was really nice. They said people always say that. They are right, they always do. But it really was true! President Kimball said, "Any of you would go around the world for the sealing ordinance if you knew its importance, if you realized how great it is." (Read more here.) (Or get a little background on the topic here.) I love being in the temple and feeling the closeness of heaven on earth, and having a moment to really feel what's important. And seeing Kristen happy. I don't have a whole chronicle of the event with my little camera, just what a mom like me would take in a hurry, but it's proof, anyway, right?
I told the kids to go touch the temple so I could take their picture. They did it, and then kept looking in the door to try to see Kristen. I told them they wouldn't see Kristen, but seconds later, there she was making faces through the door at them. They were SO excited.
Here they are, all married . . . with children. The kids LOVE these guys, so had to be the first to get a photo opportunity. Andrew was totally upset about life until Shane picked him up.

It's our little family in front of the temple. Couldn't get an all-smiling picture, but what do you do?

May be odd to take a picture of Josh eating, but I thought it was so cute how much he loved the food. He got seconds of pork tenderloin. Who knew he was so fancy? (Yes, his hand is in his mouth. :) )

Gary may hate me for posting this picture. But it's too funny! Andrew was really enjoying himself, and this was the "perfect" moment to capture.

I did not take a picture of Noah while eating. I told him to smile and he struck this as his pose. I also love Andrew cheesing it up in the background because I had the camera out.

Andrew became a dancin' machine this weekend. His moves at the wedding were some of the most entertaining.

Posting a lot of pictures of my kids dancing . . . but how do I choose? They were having a blast. The favorite move was swing under mom's legs, which I did a few more times than my body wanted to. But they loved it.

Josh is king of inventing unique maneuvers.


Andrew with my gorgeous sister Hannah.

This was the highlight for Noah, by FAR. He didn't want to go near Kristen for a while because it seems he was so smitten by her beauty in her wedding dress. He told me the only girl he would dance with was grandma. Finally near the end he worked up the courage to have me ask Kristen to dance with him, and that's what he talked about constantly afterwards. He loved when, "Kristen was a princess, and he got to dance with her in her dress." Incidentally, when he was playing with Mrs. Potato Head last week, he had her marry Shane.

Tate and Noah get their moment.

And finally, these funny babies. Katie couldn't find Lily at all, but I kept seeing Andrew run behind a wall, stay there for a minute, and then peek back into the main room. Turns out this fireplace was behind the wall, and they were playing back there. His pose cracks me up.

6 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

This is so cute! They are cute. And yes, the wedding was nice. In this case, it was nice because Kristen was so happy and we got to see her dream of a temple wedding/marriage become reality. What could be nicer? For some reason "nice" seems to be just the right word. Thanks Em!

This Idaho Girl said...

It looks like she had a beautiful wedding day. I'm still a little stunned that she's old enough to be a married woman. Does this mean we will be 40 soon?

Reader Family said...

Your post titles are hilarious. It makes me want to read them just to figure out what you're talkin' about. :) And those boys are pretty dang cute, too.

Anonymous said...

YOur kids are So cute and funny! Trade ya? just kidding!

Hannah said...

Awe, I lurve Kristen's wedding. Thanks for deeming me gorgeous. You're gorgeous. Your kids are so funny. I want to hear how Joshy is doing in kindergarten so far!

Stacey said...

Awesome pictures! Looks like a wonderful day...