Wednesday, August 17, 2011

From the Big Belly to the Root Bag . . .

Andrew suddenly seems annoyed with my belly. (As of a month ago when I wrote this.) Every time we sit down to read book together, he readjusts himself 5 or 6 times before throwing his head backward to try to make up for the bump.The other day he actually tried to punch it down a little. He doesn't want to sit to the side, though, he still wants to be right on my lap.

Josh drew a picture on the driveway of some type of robot. He said, "Look, he has lasers in the middle of him, and peas in each hand that he stole from Africa!" No, he has not watched any shows with anything like this. I love his little brain.

Overheard: "We dipped our cars in the whipped cream, then, yummy!" (Seriously, boys?)

Noah: Don't tell me you don't have money to buy that, you have credit cards, lots! (This from a boy who just turned 3. I think he assumes every card in my wallet is a credit card.)

I taught the boys that when pulling weeds, you have to pull them up by the root. Since there are plenty of weeds in our back porch (yes, lovely), they have opportunity to practice. Noah gets very excited when he gets the roots, and wants to save them. So, he puts them all in a bag, and calls it his "root bag." Why does it seem wrong for a kid to have a root bag?

6 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

I'm seriously worried about what you are teaching my grandsons. Root bags and credit cards?

This Idaho Girl said...

At least they aren't saving fish heads? I understand the annoyance with the belly, it does get in the way. My problem has been Amelia pulling up my shirt in public places to "see" the baby.

Liz said...

Belly annoyance must be natural. I guess they sense it is their competition, on so many levels. Jace has been getting mad at my belly...

sarahflib said...

Funny all around. Love your boys. Love the bump.

P.S. Did you learn about a root bag when you served in the ghetto?

Hannah said...

I LOVE THEM. And YOU.

Ali said...

I read this post a few days ago and loved it...just never got the chance to comment...but now I'm pretty sure I had a dream about your boy's "root bag" the other night! haha!