Just that phrase reminds me of USA UP All Night bit that used to play when we'd watch MacGuyver or Quantum Leap way back in the day . . .
This is my first time (with this baby) being up for several hours in the night due to horrific acid reflux. Due to pregnancy. Or how my body reacts to it. This must stop . . . With Andrew Braxton Hicks also kept me up in the night, from 33 weeks on. Sigh. At times like these I think about all of the people who would love to be in the situation where there was a pregnancy to keep them up. Really, I am glad to have this as my situation. We'll see if the gladness extends to tomorrow when I deal with things such as toddlers . . .
Speaking of, Andrew started acting like a toddler this week. Yes, he has been toddling for 11 months, but not until this week did he demand that he put on his own shorts and buckle his own carseat and have the milk on his cereal on his time and in his way. And screaming about all of it. Of course these are things all toddlers do. Josh and Noah did them earlier. But my sweet, sweet Andrew, who knew it could happen? He's still so sweet Gary and I actually think it's funny.
BEST part of today, I got to go to Provo and see my sister Hannah pass through on her way to Texas for grad school. And have a Farewell-Birthday-Brunch. She is fantastic, I love her, my kids love her . . .(most heard phrase, "Hey Hannah, guess what?). Cruddy thing about life, when you grow up you see your siblings less and less. Cool thing about life, having them in the first place. Love you, Hannah, getting teary . . . (Also seeing mom and dad and Sarah and Dave and Madeline and Violet was awesome, too.)
When I walk up my stairs I am struck by an awful smell. Just scrubbed my bathroom yesterday, walls and all. Oh, boys . . . have been meaning to borrow a friend's steam cleaner for the carpets and mattresses. If I use that with some special pet odor remover, will it be enough? What mess will I have to concede to in order for the steam cleaning to happen?
Just hit me that I may finally be able to sleep. I'll try hard, gotta get ready for my morning hugs . . .they are the best.
UPDATE (The next day): Andrew can officially get himself out of his own crib. Which we discovered at naptime. Trying not to panic, this is what always happens . . .
3 comments:
I am also having a problem with sleep and reflux is the worst. I remember spending a good chunk of my last pregnancy sleeping in the recliner. Maybe it's time to move there. End of pregnancy is the worst, isn't it?
Unless you are ready to move him out of the crib, it might be a good time to invest in a crib tent. Some people think of it as jail, I prefer to think of it as camping indoors... every night. :)
Awe, thanks for the shout out Em! love you! I hope you have very few sleepless nights. You still have a little bit. xoxo
Post a Comment