My nephew Braden got baptized at the beginning of September. This was a huge deal for my kids, because Braden is one of their oldest cousins, so they haven't seen a lot yet. Josh was still excited about getting to see his cousin Ethan get baptized over two years ago. I, personally, had a fantastic experience. Braden was so excited he was glowing, and there was a beautiful peaceful feeling during the baptism. Thanks, Braden! Here are my professional-photo reminders of the day.
 |
| Lots of Braden's aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. |
 |
| My boys were SO proud of Braden, so I wanted a picture of them with their cousin on his big day. Josh is following in his father's eye-closing footsteps. |
 |
| Cute family - Cindy with Beckett, Nate with Sophie, Braden, and Tate. |
 |
| Andrew and Madeline found something right up their alleys. Josh is currently proud that Andrew is on more chairs. :) |
 |
| The toddler wagon - no shirts required. Despite their distrustful expressions for the camera, they were having a great time. This was obviously a post-baptism weekend activity. |
We got to spend the entire weekend in Idaho, which I don't really remember much of because I was coming down with a sinus infection and was in a hardly-any-sleep horrible funk. I do remember we watched a football game and we like that. I also remember we played games, including The Match Game, and I wish I had a picture of my dad as host. But the best part was Braden's baptism. Glad I can still remember that.
Oh, yes, and this is not spiritual, but the after-baptism luncheon was something from a B-Movie called "Attack of the Hornets." (I have imagined this movie.) There were literally hundreds of hornets surrounding the food and all of the places in which people would attempt to eat. After a few stings we moved indoors. I write this because it was so nutty. Who would think that could even happen?
2 comments:
You made me cry, you punk. It's your birthday now so I forgive you. Cutest family. Cutest nephlings. I'm a lucky lucky girl.
I can't believe Cindy has an 8 year old and that Maddy is so big. However, I am not surprised that Jared and Jerusha both have crazy hair. Some things never change. Hope the hornets didn't get you.
Post a Comment