Sunday, October 2, 2011

While We're Still Warm . . .

I wanted to buy a huge watermelon on Saturday night for a group of football fans to munch on throughout the game. So, I went to the area in the store where there are always great big bins of them . . . and in the bins were pumpkins. NOOOO! I'm not ready for fall, we just got summer!

I wrote that two weeks ago, and though we are now into October, my feelings haven't changed. I have to say, I've realized this year that September may be the perfect month. I've always kind of looked past it due to its lack of much of note for our family, but it was awesome. Warm, but not too hot. Nice breezes, lovely to be out, lovely to be doing anything . . . Just a few warm-weather wrap-up pictures to keep me with nice thoughts . . .

Andrew is so hilarious, he always wants to put on costumes, hats, shoes, or anything - goggles, as shown here.

The kids loved the slip n slide this summer. This is Josh, but Noah had many a glorious run, too. Unfortunately I only have a still photo of Josh, though I have a billion videos of both of them. They REALLY wanted me to make videos of them, it was so funny.

Josh put Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head in a Little Tikes plane to fly to New York.

Working on their "collections." They find bugs and worms all over the place, and want somewhere to keep them. So I got out my bag of baby food containers, and they love it. They always want another one to start a new collection. I just love seeing them out exploring nature so much, it barely phases me when I find containers of dead worms in my kitchen.


2 comments:

Hannah said...

That picture of Andrew is my favorite. You're a good mom, Em. xoxo

Janiebelle007 said...

The photo of Andrew in his goo goo goggles is so cute! Next year plant flowers and they can watch butterflies, bugs, worms and everything!And you are a good mom.