Little Girl in the Neighborhood: So, are you having a boy or a girl?
Me: a girl
Girl: Didn't you only have boys before?
Me: Yep, so it should be fun.
Girl: Not for the girl.
Josh, on nursing: I know how it works. You feed the baby on one of these, and then when the milk is gone, you switch to the other side, and then they just keep on getting refills.
We have a zebra mask and tail. We have a lion mask and tail. We have no third animal costume. Today this was an issue. Josh and Noah had the costumes on, and Andrew was crying because he really wanted one. Noah tried to comfort him by suggesting in his sweetest voice, "Andrew, you can be the baby that loves animals."
Lately, I have been told several times every time I go out that I look like I'm about to pop. Hmm. I know I look large, but I hate the imagery of popping, and would prefer people ask when I'm due and/or ask how I'm feeling. If you have experienced this, how do you feel about it? Don't know why I feel so wierd about it. Maybe because babies are cooler than popping?
Exactly one week ago some friends of mine in the neighborhood threw me a baby shower. I didn't take pictures, but it was wonderful. So much fun to eat and chat and everyone was so kind. Now I feel like I owe everyone, big time. I feel really, really lucky to live here. So many awesome women, all in one place!
7 comments:
I was told a lot I looked like I was going to pop... I just kept thinking how much I would like to pop them on the side of their head for making stupid comments to an obviously large pregnant woman.
Noah is hilarious. As is Josh. I will give Andrew an animal costume if he comes to play with me. Popping sounds stupid. No one has told me that I looked like I was going to pop yet so I'm not able to give a good analysis of that comment besides what I just said. I love you.
I read your posts and it makes me want to move to Stansbury so you can tell them to me every day when exercise together. Your kids are funny and so are you.
Ha ha, love your boys. Your baby girl might be tormented by boys, but at least she'll have a girl cousin(!) who's only 3-4 months older than her. Also, I haven't been told I look like I'm going to pop, but I REALLY HATE when say that in general.
Just think of the popping they are referring to as your water breaking. Seems slightly less graphic... Kinda...
I'm actually surprised to read that there's anyone who has never heard the "You're about to pop!" line, because it seems like EVERYONE says it! Super annoying - I totally agree!
Fist, could Noah be any cuter telling Andrew he can be the baby that loves animals? I think not. Second, why don't people learn to just keep their mouths shut? I got the popping comment a time or two also and it drove me crazy. Not something you want to hear. You look great! It was great seeing you last week. Made me realize we have lots to catch up on.
Post a Comment