Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Are You Ready for Some (College) Football?

BYU vs. Weber State, oops, sorry, Josh says it's, "Wildcats. BYU vs. Wildcats, that is." Little family throws off their soccer gear, grabs a few apple-pears and heads down south for the game.

They're ready.

She's ready.

He's ready (even if I take surprise photos).
We made it.


A beautiful sun-shiny day.


Working on a loose tooth while enjoying the game.

Josh REALLY wanted me to make a video of the game. We settled for a picture.

After our half-time break in the Cougar Club room, Lissy and I  stayed  for a little  bit  so she could get some food and some rest from the sun.

Self-photos with the baby in the Cougar Club room is becoming tradition.


All the kids had a great time every time we rose and shouted,  including a  baby girl who clapped along every time. Photos by the person holding the baby are hard to get, but you may see her in the side of the photo.

Lots of chances to rise and shout!

Look at my little cougar. He was so fun to be with.
Even though there weren't any moments of suspense in the 45-13 blowout, it was great fun to see it. It was actually nice, because so many people left early, we didn't have a hard time leaving. We started walking out with a few seconds left, and the Afro-Circus song from Madagascar 3 came on. Just the thing the boys needed to go rushing back to dance. We promised the kids ice cream, and wow did we ever follow through at Sam's Club. A tummy full to the brim with ice cream was enough for Andrew and Noah to get through the night, as the day's excitement had them out til the next morning once we started driving. Go cougars!

A few observations. When we first arrived in Provo, I was struck by how much I was not struck. Even though it's been 5 years since we lived there, it always just seems like, well, Provo, the place where we went to school and taught and had Josh. There we were, at the game, just like always. Fun.

Also, I realized at half-time during our obligatory Cougar Club room break, that I don't remember being there without my dad. No obligatory half-time family photo. Not fun.

No comments: