Sunday, September 23, 2012

BYU Perdio y Tambien El Diente de Josue

(This is from a week ago - the title all comes together in the end :) )

So, embassies were stormed and the world was burning down, but as for our little bit of the world, we got a special newspaper on 9/11 and it caused an amusing event. Lissy rolled away from her diaper change and sat her damp self on a newspaper. After I pulled it off of her body and put her back down to put the new diaper on, I saw that she had a newspaper article all over her rear. Perfectly transferred and readable. I don't often see Noah giggle that hard. That's the funny part. Not funny part is that Lissy was sick all day and didn't want to do anything but cry and be held. (Don't think the commemoration and world events isn't a big deal to me. It sure is. But that's really deep, and at the moment it seems best not to expose raw emotion and concern. So just think about baby bum tattoos.)

Lissy also thinks she is the STUFF on her bike. I took the kids to the park a couple of times this week. (I gave up on naps for a while, as it does nothing but cause me anger and nary a nap occurs  - the park is better.) I brought a little Flinstone-style baby bike and Lissy loves her life every second she's on it. We've gone on some walks lately, too. Those little boys can really zip around on scooters, so it's actually fun. I mean, we actually walk several blocks away from home and back and have a good time, as compared to the past when someone was always on a little plastic bike they got sick of riding after a block and I had to carry home. So, yeah, hooray for September and the perfect conditions for the great outdoors.

Cell-phone captures a moment on the bike . . .

 . . . and a moment at the park.


Just Lissy chewing on some drawings I made with Noah and Andrew.

Big news of the week the lost tooth teeth! Josh, being a proper 6 year old, has been eagerly awaiting the falling-out of his teeth for some time. He took great pride in getting his 6 year-old molars (when he got them, he had to demonstrate how they work by eating pizza on the side of his mouth), and just knew that meant some teeth would fall out soon. Well, waddya know, the two front teeth on the bottom got wiggly. (Sentimental to me - the first two he ever got, grew in within a day of each other.) Then one lovely day, Josh came running to the door after school to show me the tooth necklace around his neck, which contained his newly-missing tooth. It apparently fell out during music class, but when I asked him to tell me the story he said, "We were singing a song about frogs." Details never came forth. Sadness did occur when he lost  the tooth somewhere in the kitchen, but he wrote the tooth fairy a note and left his tooth necklace for proof, and he received a dollar anyway. The next day Gary found the tooth, and Josh considered working the tooth fairy for another dollar. I told him the tooth fairy would never trust him again.

First lost tooth and a necklace to put it in . . . life is good.

Then on Saturday we were doing all SORTS of stuff. I did some projects and taught a class at Super Saturday. My friend asked me what I was going to teach on, and I had to admit it didn't have a name, but it had morphed into, "Emily's early childhood crap throws up all over the gym." I was hoping to share simple and easy things, but I got excited to show something from many categories . . . click here if you are wanting an e-version of the presentation. Gary was also doing all sorts of stuff - coaching soccer, taking care of kids, cleaning everything . . . and somewhere in the midst, Josh came downstairs with a second tooth missing. He looks like a first-grader now! He didn't put the tooth under his pillow on Saturday as we got home late, but made a huge process of having the whole family watch him do it on Sunday night . . . and when I woke up the next morning he said, "I guess the tooth fairy doesn't work on Sundays." OOPS! She does work on Mondays, though, so he got his dollar. He is saving up for an 80 dollar item, but the ice cream truck makes him grab his wallet every time, so we shall see.

How is his smile SO adorable still? It sure is, though.

And hey . . . proof she stands and she's proud of it!
That eventful Saturday also featured Josh's first soccer game of the year, Andrew's first goal, some more goals for Noah, and a trip to Lehi to watch the BYU game with some friends. It was fantastic to see the friends; Andrew was so excited he jabbered all the way there, and when he got in the house announced, "Your house is really far away." He had a blast, all the kids did. I had big plans to actually watch the game, but things were not going well, so I kept watching it out of the corner of my eye. I thought I'd sit down and get into it when it got good. Playing Utah makes me really skittish. If you saw the game, you'll know I didn't take a seat until the fourth quarter . . . and then it was interesting, but crushed my dreams in the end. Ah, well, good thing is, it was really fun to see the friends . . . Also we watched the game en Espanol, which made it more exciting, so there's that.

1 comment:

sarahflib said...

Ha ha ha, a bum tattoo. And I didn't know Josh lost his teeth! What a cutie pie.