Thursday, September 13, 2012

Is it the Vacations that Transform a Family?

Right after I finished my summer traveling-everywhere-time, I found an article in the Church News about a research study on the effects of family vacations. Interestingly, the study found the following:

 "A family that has bonding experiences at home first will have them away from home. It appears that it doesn't happen the other way around."

Hmm. This remark from one of the researchers also struck me:

 "We spend so much effort on the big-tickets items thinking that it's the most important thing for our families, when really, more time with our kids on day-to-day activities will suffice."


Hmm again. Something to think about when planning the rest of my life. We have gotten so much out of our simple vacations, and maybe that's enough . . .

1 comment:

Janiebelle007 said...

I think that is why we have had so much fun seeing the world! WE used it as a teaching tool after we made it seem really exciting!