Sunday, September 16, 2012

Giraffe Noses and Other Problems

Noah: I think it would be really hard for a giraffe to pick their nose. It's really high up there.

Josh: (Said very seriously over dinner) You know people in shows that aren't real, like the guys on Wild Kratts? I think they know they're not real. I don't know, sometimes I just get that feeling.

Noah: There was one Lamanite who was nice, and that was Samuel the Lamanite. He was the only nice one.
Me: There were actually lots of nice Lamanites.
Noah: Not in our scriptures.

One day Noah was sitting on the stairs with his fingers spread out like horns around his head. Josh was tossing rings at Noah's fingers. I asked them what they were doing, and they said, " Playing Ring the Gak." Of course.

When my brother-in-law got his master's degree, the kids and I spent some time at Gary's parents house alone while everyone was at the graduation. Josh and Noah were playing badminton in the back yard while I helped Lissy with her baby life. When I went outside to check on them, the grate was off the window well, Noah was dangling the hose down into the well, and Josh was preparing to grab onto the end of the hose and repel down. Turns out they dropped the birdie down the window well, and this was their solution to retrieve it. Josh said they first tried putting the grate down in the well to use as a ladder, but it was too heavy (these are some massive window grates). I am a softie and I helped Josh repel.

I dropped by Albertson's to buy some chicken, but after the kids were already out of their seats I realized my wallet was not in the diaper bag. I told the kids we probably wouldn't be able to buy anything. I looked at Josh a few moments later, and he was busily searching through our coupon book. "What's this place called again?" he asked. "I'm just trying to see if we have a coupon for free chicken here."

Noah (at dinner): There is a boy in this world that doesn't have any food, so he won't be able to eat for a long time. I don't remember the phone number to help him, but I saw it on Tate's TV.
Josh: It was like 889 89thousand or something.
Noah was so earnest in his concern for the boy in the world. I really need to harness that and teach him how to serve . . .

(These are some snippets I collected a long time ago, and decided it's high time to publish.)

No comments: