Sunday, October 26, 2008

Punkins in the Dirt

Josh was pretty pumped to get in the car and drive to the pumpkin patch. He kept talking about it the whole way there, but we could tell it was just because he thinks pumpkins are awesome, not because he knew what a pumpkin patch was. When we arrived at the pumpkin patch on Vine Street (I think they should take advantage of the name of their location, personally), Josh looked out and said, "Oh! Punkins in the dirt!" Exactly.

When we got out of the car, Farmer Pankratz handed us some scissors and informed us that all of the pumpkins within sight were half green, and if we wanted one that was "plumb orange", we'd have to ride behind his tractor to another area of his field. He was sorry about that, but we were pumped. I mean, way to enhance our Fall experience!

Here we are, starting our journey to find the perfect punkin in the dirt.

For some reason Josh was embarrassed to pose for the camera while Gary cut the pumpkin from the vine. But after we loaded up the pumpkins to go back, he was very proud of them. We did not tell him to pose by the pumpkins, he just figured that would be the best place to sit.Poor Noah is hidden behind his gadgets in every photo, but he was a proud pumpkin-owner, too.

And then we rode off into the sunset . . .(Josh was hypnotized by our flash.)

9 comments:

Steven and Kimberly said...

Josh looks thrilled!! The Pankratz group up in Erda by me, yeah. You guys always have so much fun!!

Michelle W. Nate said...

Hey, its Michelle "Warburton" Nate. I found your blog a bit ago through somebody else and thought it looked way cute. I wanted to say a quick hello and hope you had a great birthday. Looks like you did. I love the idea of going to the pumpkin patch. I need to try that sometime with my kiddies. Hope all is well.

Liz said...

FUN! I didn't know there was a pumpkin patch on Vine st.
We need to get together again sometime. We have been sick and couped up in the house.

Stacey said...

Yeah, we love punkins at our house too! But why will our kids not smile when posing on the punkins???

Hannah said...

Noah looks like Wilson from home improvement.

Anonymous said...

Noah IS Wilson from Home Improvement.
didn't you know? I wanted to go pick punkins, too but I didn't get to.8209avw

sarahflib said...

No wonder Josh was so excited about his pumpkins when I saw him--they're plumb orange and beautiful. By the way, I'm glad to see the Cougar jacket is treating you well.

Deters said...

That looks like so much fun! How cool that you got a hay ride out of it too.

Steven and Kimberly said...

I saw your pictures on Keli's blog....so cute! She does such a good job. I didn't know you were doing family pictures too. They turned out really good. How did it go at your parents this weekend?