He was ecstatic to pick out his new underwear, and each one he pulled out of the package elicited a new round of, "Oh! Woah, ho, ho, ho!" He wanted to put them all on at once, but in this picture we settled for just a few pair at a time. (You like his "cheeeese"?) Too bad this excitement didn't extend to keeping the underwear dry . . .
Thursday, January 15, 2009
2009, Potty-Train Josh's Behin'
I know, I'm choosing a short-sighted theme again. But I want it SO bad right now! I feel so trashy letting him run around with a bare-bum and sticking close to home so I can do so. He can totally do it all by himself as long as he's bare, but put something on him and, oh, yucky.
He was ecstatic to pick out his new underwear, and each one he pulled out of the package elicited a new round of, "Oh! Woah, ho, ho, ho!" He wanted to put them all on at once, but in this picture we settled for just a few pair at a time. (You like his "cheeeese"?) Too bad this excitement didn't extend to keeping the underwear dry . . .
Giving him a book does get him to sit there. Here he brought with him his "BYU book," which is actually the program to one of the football games. This whole scenario was his doing.
He was ecstatic to pick out his new underwear, and each one he pulled out of the package elicited a new round of, "Oh! Woah, ho, ho, ho!" He wanted to put them all on at once, but in this picture we settled for just a few pair at a time. (You like his "cheeeese"?) Too bad this excitement didn't extend to keeping the underwear dry . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
grandpa would be so proud. love that kid. love his smile. love him love him love him.
Good Luck with that Emily. I think I need the same motto. Would it be possible to say "2009, Potty Train both of my kids' Behin's." We have the one down (mostly), but the "bottom" half of it she is really struggling with.
The football program makes it possible for you to take modest photos of the whole deal as well, and I applaud Josh's choice of reading material. You should get him an updated roster for next season so he can really prep for the games.
I'll work on the program for him. Katie used to read Field and STream. Lots of fish and stuff. I like Lizzie's theme.
P.S. I'll swim in the brine with you. I wanted to do it last summer when I was living at your house, but I never got around to it.
I love how josh is so sports obsessed and he's so young, it cracks me up. So much personality!
Man, I am there right now. I wish I could get my little girl wrapped up. Cross your fingers for me too. She had now accidents today. Wahoo! Maybe we can keep it going this time. Good luck!
I'm so not ready to think about potty training. I'm still trying to get my 18 month old to walk. Good luck. THink of all the money you'll save on diapers.
Good Luck!! Matthew had absolutely 0 ZERO interest in the potty....
I found you through Jarvis' blog!! How fun! Mine is private so I will get your email and invite you!!
HeLp Me PlEaSe! I'm desperately trying to get the courage to train TJ. Any advice? I swear the kid has no clue about bodily functions and how to control them...
Good luck with that - I have to say that was one of my worst experiences as a mom so far, but sooo nice when it actually happened!!
My boys were of very advanced ages when they finally decided that they were finished with diapers. You are learning one of the most profound mothering lessons: you really have NO control over some things. I'm sorry to say, the older they get, the more this is true. So embrace it.
Post a Comment