It seemed the whole week was all about survival at the time - the only place I went the entire time was the doctor. I was starting to talk crazy and see mirages by the time I actually left the house on Saturday. However, we did have some good times, brought to you by the makers of ibuprofen and acetaminophen. Josh and I made cookies, and for the first time, I made something with more than 4 ingredients and he was an actual help. At first I wanted to make cookies and bring some to people, but then I realized that would be like giving small pox infested blankets, so we just made a half batch and ate it all ourselves. Josh was really proud of his cookie-making, and replicated it here with play dough.
As for me, I was pretty proud of myself for making a week's worth of meals without going to the grocery store. One night it was taking me forever to make dinner, and I was thinking about how much the Iron Chefs and Rachel Ray can do in an hour compared to me. Then I thought "Iron Chef Moms" might be a good show. You have an hour to make the best meal you can, all the while holding a 22 pound baby on one hip, with the occasional toddler hanging on your leg begging you to put on a show or informing you that he just peed on the counter (Don't worry, Got Clorox). Good TV, right? Who will pay me for my idea?
On Friday night, just when I thought I was about at my breaking point and Gary was going to be home late, someone came over and brought us fresh-baked bread and a couple of kid movies. Saved! We immediately sat down to watch the movie and eat the bread. Thank you so much . . .we made it!
10 comments:
Thank you for keeping your smallpox to yourself. Should I be nervous about all the cheesecake I ate on Saturday?
I love your idea for a new reality show, by the way. You would probably spank me in such a competition, although if my change-a-diaper-in-the-dark skills are any evidence of my potential, watch out!
oh those poor little kids! so glad they're feeling better!
I like reading your blog because you say funny things like how taking cookies would be like bringing small pox infested blankets. It makes me nostalgic for 2004 when we were roommates. :)
BTW, with Gary in the legislative session we need to get together sometime to hang out. I guess i should probably come out there. Too bad I have plans tonight because my husband had to go to Tooele for work and we could have carpooled...hmmm...
Emily, Emily, Emily!! Glad you are felling better, time to get out and play! Kiana is missing Josh anyway, and he would look so good playing dressup with her...those princess dresses fit anyone! No, we do need to find something to do. What are you doing Wed. morning?
I stinkin love you! I love the way you word everything! (spreading small pox...) Dont forget thursday 10:00 so we can do some visiting with the ladies!!
bounce house pic=cutest thing ever; smallpox statement=awesome
Ah Em, can we be next door neighbors yet? My kiddos have been sick this past week too and it would have been so nice to receive some levity and small pox infested blankets from you. Love you and your blog. Keep reporting from the trenches for me - I love it!
Sick babies during Gary's busy season? I'm sorry. I'm sure it makes you glad NOT to be teaching (even if the escape would be nice). I love your Iron Chef Mom idea. Sounds like a show for TLC.
I am glad you guys are feeling better! Thanks for telling me more about Kindermusic and Joy school. We will have to talk more when our children are sedated :). I think all of the girls need to get together for a girls night out. Adam said he was cool with the idea (anything to keep the mom's sanity :) ).
If I ever had time to sit and watch TV, I would watch your new show.
Post a Comment