Luckily Gary's birthday was on a Sunday, so we got to have birthday breakfast as an everyone's-awake-family. Noah had his first pancakes, and absolutely scarfed them. Gary and Josh apparently liked them, too.
We had a grand birthday buffet (that was the intent, so don't tell me if it wasn't), and then our favorite chocolate cake. Woo-hoo, Gary's getting a lot of candles these days! (Nephews looking on.)
Then it was time for Giant Boggle. (The red paper has a Boggle grid on it.) Three of Gary's brothers and one of his sisters came with their families, and so did one of my sisters, so we had a full house. You would think playing Boggle wouldn't work in these circumstances, but we had a great time. I wasn't getting any original words, but for some reason Gary and his brothers are really good at it. But where is Gary?
Then it was pinata time! The pinata was giant lips, if that's not apparent. Josh and Michael took the first surprisingly hard whacks at it. This was right down their alley.
Here's the shot I got of Gary's turn.
When the pinata finally broke, low-fat granola bars and Tootsie Rolls (one item befitting Gary's age, and one item for the kids) came spilling out. Noah was taking advantage of the situation as much as anyone. A couple minutes later I retrieved a piece of Tootsie Roll from his mouth.
It was so much fun having everyone together, I wish we had some darling group shot, but alas, there is none. Wait, the Boggle shot is darling in a studious way . . . regardless, I have no conclusion because I don't know exactly what Gary thought. I hope you had a happy birthday . . . I love you, hope you have a very Hapt year!
6 comments:
You're such a great mom. I need to be more relaxed and let my kids choose party decorations--what a great conversation piece. And good thinking on the group boggle. I'm gonna have to use that idea sometime.
-Shara
i LOVE that sign! classic. :)
Emily you are such an amazing person! What a fantastic party you put together for Gary. We had a great time and the boys were thrilled with everything! (Especially the tootsie rolls, pinata and bounce castle.) I finally had to 'hide' the blow thingy from Christian because it was SO soggy. Anyway, we're looking forward to the next UT Syphi event...hopefully soon!
I hope he had a very Happt Birthday (maybe I will have to hit the dollar store to find a sign as cool as yours :)! Sorry I didn't answer my phone that day! I am glad your cake/ham/potatoes turned out good anyway!
How come Gary's birthday is always the highlight of the year?
Emily, what a cute blog and Happy late birthday to Gary. You are such a good mom and very creative.
If you want to view our blog you'll have to email me at kris4@me.com.
Post a Comment