I really want to keep this baby a secret for now, but I am totally exhausted today. The pregnancy-insomnia/sleeping hard/odd dreams have started, and I don't know what gets me wearier, those, or just the normal pregnancy-sleepy. Anyway, I have been trying hard to be positive about things like economic woes, messy house, etc., but my mom and my sister called me today and . . . I was too tired to hide it. I don't want people to think I'm negative and lame, but like I said, I want to keep this to myself for now. So, mom and Cindy, when you read this, my apologies for the lack of enthusiasm that one day in early March. And my apologies to everyone I treat less-than-excitedly for the next 7 weeks or so . . . I had it steeled in my brain that I will be wonder woman, so I guess I'll just go re-steel right now.
P.S., months later at publishing time.
Anyone reading this will now know why I haven't blogged/commented on blogs much for a while.
They will know why I don't call people to do stuff.
They will know why the wreck at my house was at the next level.
They will know why I looked like I wasn't going to make it through several meetings.
They will know why I was so darn sleepy at Matthew's graduation festivities.
They will hopefully know that I feel really happy because although it's been harder, we've actually had a great couple of months as a family. Sure there were low-lights, but highlights along with them.
2 comments:
Em, I have to admit whenever there is a lull in one's blogging, my first thought is, "ah, she's pregnant. poor thing. I hope she's doing okay"
It's a little paradox in life, I think. Typically the hardest time in a woman's pregnancy is those first 12 weeks. And when do we finally start telling people about it? Oh, after about 12 weeks!
so, here those poor, lonely privately pregnant women are exhausted beyond description, puking their guts out, and are on their own. they can't even SHARE in their pain or anxiety or misery, and have to just act like they've lost their mojo and are loser moms and wives.
doesn't seem right does it?
though our growth both spiritually and emotionally often happens on our own, too, and that "alone" time allows us to lean better on the Lord.
so, I suppose I've hit my limit for words on this rambled-on comment. I'm just glad it's offically official and you can start giving a real excuse for why the kids were sitting on the living room floor in nothing but their diapers eating peanut butter straight out of the jars when the visiting teachers "dropped by"....
Celebrate!
Hmmmm, this post is making me wonder about some other women I know....
Post a Comment