Monday, March 16, 2009

Reflections on Pregnancy

Expenses you don't count in when thinking of pregnancy:
^Antacids. I go through sooooo much of it.
^ Those nights when you're just too tired to cook and end up "grabbing something."
^ When nothing else sounds good but expensive things like Quiznos and Raisin Nut Bran.

Hunger . . . Pregnancy has always made me hungry. Nursing has always made me hungrier. So now combine them (what I am doing now). It is a VERY hungry state of affairs.

Is checking someone else's Algebra 2 over while dealing with morning sickness a form of torture in some countries?

Are soda crackers and ginger ale part of a complete breakfast?

If you were so lucky as to have an easy time being pregnant, the only people who want to hear about it are other people like you. Unless you are one of those people who are good at feeling sorry that others may have a real hard time, even though you didn't, then okay, let's chat, I really appreciate you!

I had an awful time with weight gain/loss in the Josh pregnancy, but got lucky after Noah. I have been having a ton of fun fitting into clothes I haven't worn for 3 1/2 years, hooray! But then this last week, they haven't been fitting or looking right. Man, my tummy is lumpy, I thought . . . oh, yeah, I'm pregnant.

This seems odd on a list with the others, but since I'm adding to it little by little, here goes. In the last few weeks, especially the last few days, when I have been terribly exhausted and at times visciously nauseous, I have had negative-leaning thoughts. But then I have times when I get the chance to reflect on just how precious my children are, and what an amazing miracle it is to be a part in their arrival here on earth. I am so blessed to be in a position to have them. Words can't express the feelings in my heart right now as I listen to them sing and giggle and play with their wonderful daddy who loves them. A little sickness, a little messy house . . . surely I can do it if this is the result.


P.S. At publishing time - I'll just leave this one . . . I can always collect more reflections later. Oh, yes, except I'm glad to report the nausea lessened then went away after the first trimester. Exhaustion is still my constant companion, but I'm told that's normal. I'm normal!

3 comments:

DP said...

Wow, Josh is in Algebra 2 already? I was only in pre-algebra at his age. Now that's what I call a prodigy!

Steven and Kimberly said...

I have two ginormous bottles of TUMS, you can have some, give me a call. I am still in SHOCK, but way excited for you. Let me know if you need anything.

Tiffany said...

My BFF has 0 sickness while pregnant, it's REALLY hard for me to love her pregnant as much as I do not pregnant, just pray for NO bedrest!! Or early babies, or NICU, or, nevermind..... And to think I still want to have more kids...