Some teachers allow you to use things from other classes in their class, and others don't. I don't know if this fits in the rules posted below, but since I have been spending a lot of time doing algebra and other stuff lately, I am using my 25 random things I wrote for facebook a month or so ago and posting it for this tag. So that's actually going the extra mile, right?
1. Link this post to the person who tagged you: Julie
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. List 6 random things about yourself.
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
1. I work for BYU Independent Study testing their courses before they are published. This is extremely part time (I only do it once every 3 months or so), but when I have a course, it's time intensive. That's why I'm doing algebra right now, algebra 2, part 2 to be exact. (Okay, so I changed #1, but all of the rest are the same.)
2. I only receive texts from Rascall Flats. (Until two weeks ago when texting was added to my plan for free.)
3. When I was 5, I was positive I would be an Olympic gymnast. I had a Mary Lou Retton leotard that I wore to school to prove it.
4. When I was 12, I was still positive I was going to the Olympics, only it would be for track. (Didn't give this up until I was around 15 . . .)
5. I love learning languages, and could get by in Mandarin Chinese and German for a while (more so Chinese), but have never had the chance to get fluent. Sad. However, I used (past tense) to be able to say hello and thank you in at least 25 languages (7 of them Polynesian . . .)
6. I used to be a tour guide at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii, so if anyone needs to know how to make tapa, poi, or a love-from-the-tourists-generating headband, I've got your back.
7. I am cooking sausages as I type this.
8. I once burnt my face half-off with boiling lemon pudding. Should have had terrible scars my whole life, but I was miraculously healed. Seriously. A small part of it was due to me offering to snorkel in cold saline at the E.R.
9. I grew up battling the "smart geek" image, but ever since I went into education in college people don't think I'm smart anymore. Woo-hoo?
10. A very large part of me wants to go back to a college dance party. High school would work too, it's just getting hard to remember back that far.
11. I actually met most of my friends at BYU-Hawaii at a dance. Cannot describe those legendary dances. (But if you're reading CS 205, you are a legend, too.)
12. I am wondering right now if something can be legendary if no one probably ever really talks about it, I just think about it in my mind occasionally. Something tells me probably not.
13. I killed a fly for the first time last summer.
14. The sausages are done.
15. I was pregnant with my second baby for 24 days longer than I carried my first. Longest 24 days of my life.
16. Once I was watching TV and playing with a tiny for-kids-to-play-with cup, and it got stuck on my lips. I had to have assistance to pull it off. My lips were HUGE and purple for quite a while.
17. I hated math in high school because it was boring, but when I learned about how it could be cool in my methods class in college I became obsessed with it. I was the school math coordinator, on the district math committee, went to tons of trainings and conferences, and if I could get a master's degree right now that's what it would be. Why does mainstream education stick with the less-effective hated version?
18. I was in a modern dance number at BYU-H where I had to wear black and writhe around on the floor symbolizing the anguish of the people of Singapore when their country was overtaken. I almost never think about that, think I've blocked it.
19. I love to watch sports. I really like playing sports, too, but hardly ever do because I feel stupid that I never really had a chance to learn how.
20. I won a partners pickle ball tournament in P.E. in high school. Since no one ever plays I can claim prowess in that sport.
21. My friends and I took D.I. shopping (and t-shirt making, and strange finds at the mall) to the next-next level in high school. The goal was not to be the most fashionable, but the awesomest (funniest). I long for the days when I could throw on a sweet Neil Diamond shirt with my denim shorts and look great. (Or surprise everyone with a blue polyester cowboy hat or the biggest bell bottoms ever, or, sigh . . .)
22. I want to move to a lovely island and wear a slimming muu muu and hug my babies and run in the sun and NOT think about how I look.
23. Used to make a lot of tiger traps with my sisters in our back alley when I was 6.
24. My first tape was Debbie Gibson. (Only in My Dreams, Shake Your Love, . . .)
25. The day I turned 25 I accidentally took a Lortab instead of my allergy medicine and was too loopy to walk home from church. My mom thought I did it on purpose because I didn't want to be 25. I think that is the funniest part.
Okay, you have to realize that this was a random stream of consciousness, one thing just led to another and I typed along, so I don't know that these are the 25 things that define me most, but I followed the rules . . . they're random!
P.S. When I posted this on facebook people commented about why I want the muu muu to be slimming if I don't want to care how I look . . . anyone with muu muu experience can testify that overly-large ones (as they do tend to be), can seriously interfere with beach running.
5 comments:
Smart geek: I stopped feeling smart when I arrived at BYU. And then I started feeling downright dumb when I started law school.
But I guess some people still think I'm smart, probably, just not my peers.
Unfortunately you can still be a geek without being smart.
I don't know why, but as I read this all I could think about was when you had lipodistrophy (sp?) our freshman year and one night it looked like Australia and we outlined it with a Sharpie. :)
I think you are just the greatest person ever! You totally keep everything real.
PS How's the little ones chin?
Loved reading your 25 random things! Very amusing.
Pickle ball! That is what is was called, totally loved that game! I was trying to tell Jeff about it the other day but couldn't remember the name. It was fun to read your list!
Post a Comment