I know the classic mom line is "they grow so fast," but it's because they do! All of the sudden he is a little-kid-baby, all over the place exploring. Here he is making words on the fridge. (Okay, that's a stretch, he's learning that the letter 'd' tastes great.)
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
The Skinny on Noah
That's right, my poor baby boy is getting skinny . . . for a chubby guy. Noah didn't eat much when he was sick for so many weeks in a row, and so when I took him in for his 9 month appointment last week he had actually lost weight, slipping below the 22 lb. mark to 21 lbs, 8 oz., and falling below the 70th percentile . . . and then I swear he gained it all back in 3 days once his appetite returned. I have no proof of this but my sore back. He has grown taller, though, and is now 29.5 inches, right about the 90th percentile.
I know the classic mom line is "they grow so fast," but it's because they do! All of the sudden he is a little-kid-baby, all over the place exploring. Here he is making words on the fridge. (Okay, that's a stretch, he's learning that the letter 'd' tastes great.)
He's suddenly so interested in stuff he can't stay still for a second. On the developmental handout the doctor gave me it said, "Between the ages of 9 and 12 months, your child may begin to . . ." and one of the points listed was, "Resist diapering." I thought, wow, my child is really ahead of the other kids, he's been resisting diapering for months! I was trying to get a picture of him the morning after his appointment for documenting purposes, and this is just one of many failed attempts.
I know the classic mom line is "they grow so fast," but it's because they do! All of the sudden he is a little-kid-baby, all over the place exploring. Here he is making words on the fridge. (Okay, that's a stretch, he's learning that the letter 'd' tastes great.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
He is so adorable. I love the teeth. You must make the photo bigger to get the full affect. Kissable cheeks? YES!!!
70th and 90th percentiles? That is impressive. And he is darling!
Wow, does kicking your diapers with your muscle-legs count as resisting diapering? Because if so, my kid must be really advanced.
P.S. She wants to see her cousins again.
Noah is such a lovable boy. I can't get over how he cuddles with anyone. He is such a cute boy, and I am not just saying that.
What a handsome little boy. He is going into that developmental stage when you just might go nuts. And of course he will be ahead of the pack on all important developmental steps--he's your son!
You should be proud he's so advanced. Isn't it about time for him to start reading? My girls are currently memorizing their times tables.
Those big eyes are ADORABLE!! Yes, it's true, they do grow up way too fast. And you don't quite get it until it happens to your kids. My oldest is on the brink of teenagehood, and it's killing me!
Emily... You are as beautiful as ever and so are your boys. How us your family? It's been do many years since I have seen any of them. I really enjoyed your last post. I actually really needed to hear something like that today as I dm having a pity-party. Sometimes it's east to think nobody else has problems or stress. Anyway, so good to be in touch again. Tell your folks hello for me... And if you ever decide to get your little guy a puppy, we are hoping to get a litter of pups this spring. Best dog ever!
Say it aint so! He is not allowed to get skinny--start feeding him avocados and french fries, that should help
They do grow soooo fast!
My kids have all resisted diapering. I've had to restrain them with one leg over their belly whilst changing them. My husband thinks it's funny. I think it's a pain in the butt!
BTW - I tagged you in my last blog post.
Post a Comment