Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Changing the World


I have always planned on changing the world. I was planning on learning 7 languages and translating for the United Nations or working for the CIA (um, yes, I did read a little much), but didn't quite make it there before becoming a kindergarten teacher and then a stay at home mom. I felt like I was in my house all day doing not affecting anything, when I realized how incredibly much I am doing - even if I do nothing else (although I plan to, don't worry), I am shaping the souls of these little people. (Anyone who hasn't blocked out the 80's may now start singing, "We are the world, we are the children . . .") For instance, today so far I have changed 4 diapers, wiped 17 noses, cleaned up 2 spills and am delaying cleaning another, and played at the park. The world is changed! Oh, the deepness of my first post! By the way, I have two children with one bum and one nose each, but they are a little sick right now.


So, this blog is devoted to the little things that make me smile. And think. Maybe even a few things that make me want to write my congressman. :) Itty bitty steps to changing at least a small part of the world. You never know, this is the blogosphere. I always hear on CNN what "the bloggers" are saying, as if it matters. While I can't at this point fathom how people typing out their frustrations on their computers is, for example, deciding the next president of the U.S., maybe if I mention that when I rode in Curt Bramble's hot air balloon for new teacher orientation he didn't seem completely sincere, I will be invited to be on the Nightside Project. Nah. For now I will leave you with a photo of my three guys who make it all worth it (this is Noah's first time to "shoot hoops") . . . and get after that spill. (Yogurt on the table and light fixture. Not kidding.)

4 comments:

sarahflib said...

That picture of Josh and Noah in their BYU onesies . . . hilariously cute. And I'm glad Josh is already teaching Noah important stuff like shooting hoops!

Stacey said...

I am SO excited to follow your blog! I know it will remind me that my life is normal. Wait - 'normal' may not be the right word... How about it will remind me I am not alone?

Coordination Queen said...

I am so glad that you clarified that you children do not in fact have 17 noses...

I'm excited that you have a blog and I can see what is going on with your life!

Anna said...

I love this last picture.