"Two eggs, mom!" I heard Josh say from downstairs. "Oh, no," I thought, "Will he still be running around the couch with the eggs or are they already all over the place?" (Opening the fridge has been a recent problem.) When I looked down the stairs, instead of disaster, I saw Josh with a box of Banana Nut Muffin mix, pointing to the recipe on the back saying, "Make a treat. Two eggs!" Looking at the recipe, I saw that, indeed, there were 2 eggs pictured. I couldn't let this adorableness go unrewarded, so I let him help me make the mix into some faux-banana bread. He was really excited when we got to the 2 eggs part. Here he is, baking away. Yes, I'm a fool and I let him "try" the scissors.
Gary was delighted by the treat, so it looks like Josh knew just what to do. Now he thinks he can make any mix in the pantry he wants if he tells me how many eggs he'll need. Sorry buddy, mommy only eats brownies every other day. In other news, my sister loaned me this baby chair thingy, and Noah loves it.
8 comments:
The reason Josh is so brilliant is because you taught him baby sign language (and read to him in utero and play classical music for him). My babies are of equal intelligence. Hey, how about an arranged marriage? It could work.
I hope Noah doesn't mind sitting in a pink Bumbo--he definitely looks like he's having a good time. I'm really impressed at Josh's budding culinary skills.
WOW! He's smart!!!
I am pleased to see that you have some faux bread in your pantry--- you can't make it ALL from scratch, can you? It's good for the food storage, right? btw to this day every time I make sloppy joes I think of you and the time you made a bunch for your class and then had leftovers which fed me the entire week of finals. Such sweet memories.
That is so cute! Josh is one smart little guy. Noah looks absolutely adorable in that bumbo chair.
That's awesome. I'm very impressed by how smart he is. I have to admit though, that this past week brownies were on my pregnancy diet every single day. Oh well. Don't they say that eating chocolate during pregnancy makes for a happy baby? At least that's my excuse.
HAHAHAHA! That is impressive, most boys don't want the food if they have to work for it. :)
I love Josh and I love your blog. The perfect blend of randomness and motherhood....keep it up.
Hey, Josh could then take the twins and move to Hildale, UT, or he could start a new place up here in Idaho. I figure the twins won't want to be apart. That will make the job so much easier for JOsh if you arrange the marriage. And you'd like the in-laws, too!
Post a Comment