Yesterday, after an enjoyable time at the park, Josh suddenly became ridiculously tired, and had a complete meltdown. Don't know what triggered it (I wasn't talking to the neighbor for that long, was I?), but he just laid down on someone's lawn on the way home and started crying. I finally got him home, him screaming all the way, I punched in the code for the garage, and turned around to go get my mail. "I want open garage!" I heard Josh scream angrily from behind me. "Whatever, have your tantrum," I thought, as I slowly meandered to the mailbox. "Mom, garage, garage!" Josh screamed from behind me. I just patiently practiced my tantrum ignoring as I retrieved my mail. But then, I looked up, and in the words of my mother, "Emily became a track star again." Josh had grabbed onto the garage door, probably thinking he'd stop it from opening, and had ridden it all the way to the top. He was hanging 7 feet in the air screaming, his little arms and face and neck all straining to keep holding on.
After I got him down I started laughing, because once he was safe is was pretty darn funny. Unfortunately, the girl across the street saw the whole thing, so hopefully she's a non-judger. Gary and I took a picture this morning so we will remember this feat. Looking at the bottom of the garage door, we seriously don't know how he held on. You'll have to mentally photoshop Gary out, we weren't about to have him do it again.
Then, a special shout-out to the guy who puts up with feet in his stomach with a smile.
8 comments:
You earned a gold medal! Way to go Mom.
That is impressive. But yeah, I'm not letting Aiden read your blog anytime soon. He already keeps me on my toes. :)
When kids do crazy stuff like that, it really makes you think ........"I hope that gene came from his father!" LOL
Unfortunately, Josh's gene for adventure COULD have come from his mother. And I should know!
That is great. I think his new found skill could translate into a career as a stunt boy.
Wow what a determined little boy!! He sure keeps you on your toes. Was it hard for you to adjust to two children? I am getting really nervous and Abby is really attached and get jealous really easy.
what? you actually park your car in the garage? wow. that's impressive.
I am not a judgemental person...
If I was, my judgement would be you got to your garage door in 0.5 seconds flat! Sorry I wasn't 0.1 seconds behind you. I was in a little shock seeing your little one hanging on the garage door!
I told Curt about the death defying garage door ride later that night. He told me that he'll send CJ over to your house to learn the art of giving mother's heart attacks. HAHA
Post a Comment