Wednesday, May 30, 2012

It's a Party, Me Mateys. Make That Two.

It's friend-party year for Josh and Noah. I wanted to be able to invite as many kids as we needed to make sure nobody got left out, and not worry about buying/planning a million things for activities that might hard to manage anyway. So when I found out about half-price Wednesdays for bounce houses, I was in! Noah chose a pirate bounce house, so there you go, the theme of the parties all decided. Gary and I made some adorable pirate invitations, find them here. So nice that other people are talented and I just have to take advantage.

When I booked the bounce house and invited all the kids, it was lovely weather. We've had an awesome spring. But what would you know, rain and high winds had to be forecasted once it was too late to change things. That was stressful . . . I spent the afternoon and evening the day before trying to figure out what we'd do in case of bad weather, and I said I'd never do a party with a bounce house again. But, when it was over I said I never want to do a party without one - it all worked out great! I think Gary's mom's prayers made it ok. Or mine. At any rate, here are some cute kids having a good time. We had Noah's party first, then a half-hour break, then Josh's party. Then the after-party, where kids came that were too young or old for the regular parties. Then family bouncing, til the bitter end when they took it just before 7 p.m. . . .

Josh actually made these cupcakes, but the camera came out just as Andrew came to help.  


Noah's face got even further into this bowl.

It's the bounce house, in all its glory. I guess I am advertising for them.

The swings and trampoline were good alternative activities.










The kids helped me to make all of the pirate flags that morning. Tray 1 of 3. :)









I put sea shells, stones, and little plastic crabs in the water table. It was actually quite popular.

. . . and I got out this bin for a second water table.




After the parties and the after-party  and it was down to just our family, Gary set up dinner outside. Lissy watched from her own chair.


Welcome should have been at the beginning, but I got a picture of it right before I took it down. I also made loot bags with gold and jewels - Ring Pops, Rolos, and some swedish fish. They had a little treasure map thank you note on them, but I didn't get a picture of those at all. So, the kids may not remember them, but eating them was lovely for us all.

It's Andrew enjoying our family dinner outside. Thank you Cindy, for making the lasagna in February for our freezer. Definitely needed it on party day.

5 comments:

sarahflib said...

Wow, this looks awesome. Really you should have all your kids in the same month so you can take advantage of similar half-price party deals on the same day. So far you're doing pretty well with two kids in May and two in October.

Hannah said...

This is like the cutest party ever. I mean...these are the cutest parties ever. Good work, Em! That picture of Lissy makes me laugh. I love you and your boys. xoxo

sarahflib said...

Also, plastic crabs?? What are you teaching the children, Emiline? At least you got the real shells.

Emily S said...

Haha, I thought about that, Sarah. I hesitated, but there was something inside of me that just felt like plastic would be best. Dunno, maybe I chose wrongly.

This Idaho Girl said...

My friend party would consist of one friend for each kid. You are definitely up for mother of the year, even if your cake decorating skills are lacking. p.s. I forgot to mention how much Sophie's giant pony disturbs me.