Thursday, May 31, 2012

Turning Four and The Sweet New Ride

 Noah got sent to time-out today, and was very proud to tell me to set the clock for FOUR minutes. Cuz he's four now. Hahaha, being four is pretty awesome, no matter what kind of reminder one gets. Typing this post is sure a struggle, because I really like Noah. I mean, really a lot. But I don't know how to say it exactly. Well, I will start out with finishing the first year of preschool. We had a party/program/awards thingy at my house for our neighborhood preschool, and when it was time to sing, he sat up tall and sang his very best. Which had a lot of volume, in a good way. When we were practicing, he was concerned because his dad wouldn't be at the show, so he made a plan to sing the song later that night. Here he is with his cap and certificate, and I would submit, perhaps he is cute.

First year of preschool, complete! His award is for "being a little scientist." Yes, I am the one who made the awards up, but they were all true, including this one. He loves to explore, collect, and come up with theories. Wild ones, usually, but still. He is so cute when he remembers words like "estimate." 

All the preschool cuties together.

Noah has celebrated his birthday with his cousin Sophie since he was -1 year old. The day before she was born, Gary and I traveled to see Cindy and Nate, Sophie's parents. A year later the day before her birthday would become Noah's birthday, and for one reason or another, we have celebrated their birthdays together every year. So, of course we got together this last weekend. It was rainy, but whatever, we had no huge outdoor plans. Just delicious food off the grill, some cake, and a pinata. It was fun, and went by so fast that I accidentally looked at the wrong clock, thought it was an hour earlier than it was, and made Cindy go running with me at 8:00. Make that 9:00. Oops! Gary is longsuffering.

Our now-four-year-old has wanted a bike with training wheels for months. Really badly. Gary almost caved early, but we waited for the big day. On the way to Preston we stopped by a store to pick up Noah's new bike, and when Gary came out of the store wheeling it in front of him, you should have seen the look on Noah's face. And also the booty-shake he did while singing, "I got a new bike, I got a new bike!" He also said, "I've been wishing and wishing and wishing for a bike." Hooray, I love it when wishes come true for cute little boys!

First time riding the new bike! 



Guess which cake is Noah's and which is Sophie's. The cake decorating skills are in full-effect here. After all of the birthday sweets we did not choose, Gary was ready for a delicious carrot cake, and here you go.  I sent Gary into Walmart to get cake toppers, and he really went for it. They loved it. Sophie played with her pony all day, and my children just informed me she took its head off and put money inside. Nice.

K, so the skillz aren't ripe for Pinterest, but it's so fun for the kids to remember!


I post many pictures because I love their faces.




Trick candles by Kristen and Shane! The kids had a great laugh over that one.


Pinata time! Noah and Sophie got to hit it more than the other kids, but they all got several whacks.

Here's Sophie giving it a try . . .


 . . . and Andrew . . .

. . . and Josh (who was proud of saying, "Batter up!") . . .

. . . and Tate . . .

. . . and Braden. Apparently the harder you hit, the more of a blur your photo is.

My camera is wigging out, sadly, but Gary spent a long time getting sunburned in order to build the kids this, so I have to show how much they love it. Monkeys, all of them!


It immediately became a fort, of course. Love Noah's pose here!


So there you have it, four years old. He's skinny, but the cheeks are still kissable, thank heaven. 
Noah is the source of so much fun in our home. He thinks up interesting ideas, and keeps us giggling. If you read this blog, you know why. I was snuggling Noah the day before his birthday and I said, "What am I going to do tomorrow when you're four?" "You'll still hold me," he said. He's right. For as long as I can.

P.S.
As I type this, my boys are pretending like a laundry basket is a pinata, kitchen utensils are the bat, and when Josh thought they'd whacked the basket enough, he dumped it out, and they all went scrambling for . . . the ham they put in there. Yep, happy birthday!

3 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I love how in the preschool pic so many of the kids are fooling with their hats. Preschoolers. Gotta love them. I'm glad you blessed poor Noah with a bike. Kids are so simple at this age. Please help me figure out a way to stop them from growing into bratty teenagers.

Hannah said...

You make me laugh. Noah is soo stinkin adorable. Thanks for the sweet pics.

Ali said...

You've had loads of birthday celebrations at your house it seems! Love the simple cake toppers and fun of it all. Those kids sure look the happiest of all!! By the way, catching up on all your posts as of late, and your little Lissy is an absolute doll. Like, seriously- looks porcelain! Especially in that pic of her playing with the scarves:) What an angel you have there!