Monday, May 14, 2012

Update - Taqitos and All That Jazz


Um, Sunday/Monday updates didn't happen for me this week. That's okay, though, because we had fun on those days! I had a little breakthrough on Sunday, whereas I actually got to ride with the rest of the family to church because Andrew was mostly cooperative, and after putting on his shoes in the car, I was there for the start of the lesson. Woop, woop! Okay, well, I was in a little too much of a hurry and when I opened the heavy church door it went smack into Andrew's head and knocked him backwards onto the cement, but even after the love it took to make that okay, I still got to hear the whole lesson. THEN, we all sat in Sacrament Meeting the whole time. So crazy and great. THEN, we had the T family over for dinner, chocolate sheet cake, and Ticket to Ride. Not cheating on you, S & D, you left us. Sadly, the Tripps are moving to Lehi soon, so everyone is leaving us, but I do not cry about this in the daytime. (Actually, I'm happy for them.) Anyway, a very merry time it was, and though my brain is to nutty to remember anecdotes, I remember being relaxed and smiling, as was Gary. 

On Monday we had dinner, FHE treat, evening workout all planned out . . . then we got a phone call from Kami saying Rob had tickets for both families for the Jazz playoff game that night, would we want to go? Um, yes, please! I immediately went into turbo mode making dinner from the night before turn into soup, and getting everyone ready for a 5 o' clock departure. Game was at 6, I was grateful. We might have looked a scene pulling up to the Energy Solutions Arena with our double stroller with 2 small boys, baby girl in hand, and little blond boy in tow, but we were all pumped. I mean, when you are with your family on a beautiful night, what can be better? Noah got a couple of free Jazz posters from the stroller check guy just for being him, and Josh got some Jazz clacker/sign thing from who knows where. At any rate, we had spirit. With the T-fam there were 4 adults and 8 kids, all along the front row of the upper bowl. Great seats! It was a good view, and also the kids could walk around without hitting the backs of other people. We made it almost through the first half, then Kami and I took the kids to the playground, located conveniently in the concourse behind our seats. Kids had a blast there, and got pretty sweaty. When it got into the 4th quarter a bit, Kami and I made the kids do what we wanted to do, which was watch the rest of the game. Darn Jazz had a chance to win at the end, and it was EXCITING! Jock jams pumped up like no other, and everyone yelling, "Let's go, Jazz!" I looked over at Josh, and not only was he yelling, he was holding up his sign and putting his entire body into it. I'm not really sure the kids realize that we lost. Oh, well. The next day I heard Josh saying, "Lissy, did you see that boy dancing at the game last night? Yeah, that was me."

So, other than that, I am in a basic fog. I am VERY sleepy much of the time. Reasons are many, gotta claw my way out of it someday. On Wednesday Gary was worried about how tired I was when he talked to me on the phone, so he came home.Whipped out some taqitos and a broccoli salad, and we were good. Some sleep and work outs on Thursday and Friday helped, but Friday was pretty groggy, too. I was thinking I wouldn't survive Friday, and then I said a prayer, got dressed, and decided to go for taqitos again. Taqitos, saving my life all week long . . . On Friday night we decided our activity would be yogurt cones at Maverick, playing at the playground, and to bed early. Marvelous for all, amazing how it all worked out.

On Saturday Josh got two really sweet goals at his soccer game, while Noah had a pretty sweet assist. I decided meal planning would help life, and started a google spreadsheet to help me. If anybody wants a recipe, let me know. The boys got MUCH needed haircuts, and Gary and I tried out our steam cleaner on our front room. Not too shabby. Much less shabby, in fact. 

So, for a foggy week, I've written quite a lot. Goes to show that life is good, which is why I like sharing stuff. I wrote this on Sunday, before I decided to go to bed:
This week renewed my testimony of sleep, exercise, friends, and taqitos. And testimonies.
Yep, those things were great. I was happiest when helping people or being with family. Also, I bore my testimony in Relief Society, and it felt GREAT! Nothing fancy, just basic principles, but it's always a blessing.

Also, a highlight of Friday was discovering this:
heygirlitspaulryan.tumblr.com
I am a nerd because I understand the jokes, but I can imagine Hannah being one of these clever 20-something girls. Explanation here if you want one

No comments: